Friday, 22 June 2007

Blogs review

My hat is off to any library that starts and maintains a blog. It was interesting to see all of the different blog looks, not to mention writing styles.
  • Lansing Teen blog: Good variety of topics; nice use of tags. I like the podcast option, but it took me awhile to figure out how to listen to one. I like the catalog link on it.
  • St. Joseph Library blog: This one has a fun feel to it. It was easy to find things and does allow comments. However, there is no link back to the library.
  • Ann Arbor District Library Books Blog: Wow! This one is great. The format is the same as the rest of the library's web page, so it doesn't have that "blog look."
  • Waterboro Public Library H20boro: Not as crisp as some of the others, but efficient and clean looking. They do link back to the library but do not accept comments.
  • Thomas Ford Memorial Library Western Springs History Blog: This one is so unbloglike that I thought I had the wrong page. It's very intriguing. Is it a blog or a web page? It's very neat to see the comments people have about the old houses.

No comments: